1. The Staff on duty at any given time during cinema operating hours reserve the right to refuse admission to any member of the public and if a person or persons are disturbing other customers they can be asked to leave the premises.
2. Once purchased cinema tickets are non refundable and can not be redeemed for cash.
3. Car parking spaces within the Drive-In Cinema are on a first come first served basis and will not be reserved for either online bookings or tickets purchased at the cash desk. VIP spaces may be available at screenings and these are positioned in the first two rows.
4. Cars who book online are required to be at the cinema 30 minutes before movie start time if they are not their admission is not guaranteed.
5. All drivers are to follow the instructions of parking stewards and cinema staff at all times for their own safety and the safety of others attending.
6. If a customer wishes to leave during the showing of a movie they are to alert cinema staff and wait to be guided out by them from the premises.
7. Drive-In Cinema or any employees will not be liable or held responsible for any cars or vehicles of any kind that are damaged or have goods or items taken or stolen from them at the cinema premises Bent’s Park, Sea Road, South Shields NE33 2LD or for any vehicle collisions that may occur or injuries caused to any individual or person as a result of a collision.
8. By purchasing an admission ticket for the Drive-In cinema drivers and any persons traveling in the vehicle are accepting these terms and conditions.
9. Cinema tickets are sold online by Drive-In Cinema for the relevant, dated performance. In buying tickets through the website, the customer accepts these terms and conditions once valid payment is processed. The customer’s booking confirmation email is the ticket they must show (printed or via mobile phone) for entry to the Drive-In Cinema site.
10. Drive-In Cinema reserve the right to amend any films, offers and prices at any time.
Entry to Drive-In Cinema
Gates open for vehicles from 2 hours prior to the screening time, e.g. 4.45pm for a 6.45pm start time.
Only customers in possession of a valid ticket will be admitted into the auditorium to which the ticket relates and admission will be permitted only for the duration of the performance specified by the ticket. At the time of purchase, customers should check that their email receipt’s details are correct as this cannot be later exchanged or refunded later in the event of any error.
Spaces are allocated on a first come, first served basis, with the exception of VIP spaces which occupy the first 2 rows, arriving early is the ONLY way to guarantee being closer to the screen.
It is at the Drive-In’s discretion to allow any latecomers admittance – after the 6.15pm gate close but in advance of the film starting. They may be walked into position (lights off) so as not to disturb vehicles already parked. There is NO admittance once the film has begun and no refunds for latecomers after that time.
Customers arriving at a cancelled screening will be offered an alternative screening or a full refund.
Safety & Security
Drive-In Cinema reserves the right to refuse the entry onto its premises of any person who is believed to be overly intoxicated and may require any person or customer who is believed to be overly intoxicated to leave the premises immediately without any entitlement to a refund.
No customer is allowed to bring any illegal substances or weapons onto the premises. Anyone found in possession of such items will be refused entry or will be required to leave the premises immediately without any entitlement to a refund. We take such matters seriously and may report any incident to the police.
All vehicle occupants must be eligible for the appropriate film rating and must provide valid ID if requested. We will refuse entry to anyone deemed underage for any screening without any entitlement to a refund.
It is the vehicle owners responsibility to ensure that all light covers are removed before moving the vehicle off site.
Food & Drink – There are kiosks on site selling a selection of cinema food, drink and snacks including; hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, soft drinks and hot drinks. Customers may leave their cars to order food and return to their vehicles.
Please note that all food sales on screening nights are CASH or CARD.
Movie goers are also asked to place all waste in the bins provided or take it home with you for disposal.
Toilets – The brick built toilet facilities on Sea Road will be open for the duration of each screening with access from Bents Park only. Toilets will be checked regularly by stewards and will remain lit externally for ease of access during the movie.
Disabled Access – All areas of the site are suitable for disabled access. There are stewards on hand throughout each screening to help guide customers to toilets, catering outlets etc.
Litter – Numerous litter bins will be placed around the site cinema goers are encouraged to use these or take home any litter.
First Aid – First Aid support will be situated near the Main Entrance gate. A fully trained First Aider will be present throughout each screening.
Lost Children – A lost children booth within Bents Park will serve as a meeting point for any children/parents who become separated. Each steward and manager will have personal radios so that details of lost children can be communicated quickly to each other. Details of lost children can also be transmitted via the FM radio transmitter providing in car movie audio, if necessary.
Weather Conditions – As the event is running during October and November we anticipate some bad weather. This event can operate in all weather conditions providing the safety of movie goers and staff is met. The screen is rigid and of sufficiently strong construction to enable screenings to take place in wet and windy weather.
Event Cancellation – In the event of cancellation, for any reason, the following procedure will be followed;
- Cancellation notices to be placed on The Drive-In Cinema website, Facebook and Twitter accounts and those of Ocean Beach Pleasure Park, in advance of the gates opening – if a very late cancellation is necessary this will take place as soon as a decision to cancel has been made
- An email will be sent to all customers who have booked online for that night’s screening
- South Tyneside Council will be informed
- Notices to be placed on gates and railings at Bents Park
- Staff to be positioned at the Main Entrance Gate to inform customers of cancellation in case they have not seen or received the notifications
- Drive In Cinema reserve the right to cancel or substitute film screenings due to low or zero ticket sales, up to 14 days in advance of the screening date, any customers included in this situation will be informed separately
Faults – If there is a loss of power, video or audio staff will endeavour to resolve the issue ASAP. If the movie is interrupted it will be restarted from the point it stopped. If it not be possible to resume the movie due to technical faults beyond our control the screening may be cancelled without refund.
Emergency Procedure – Any member of staff becoming aware of a potential incident or situation will advise the Event Co-ordinator (s) on site as soon as possible. If there is a potential threat or danger all activities will cease and an announcement made. If evacuation is required, the Event Co-ordinator (s) will liaise with emergency services and determine the appropriate course of action. All staff will assist where necessary.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphic images. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.